Saturday, September 20, 2008

DIY Formatting For POD, Pt. 2

Bottom Line It For Me, Baby Version (200 Words Or Less):
The series based on content from my how-to reference book on self-publishing, The IndieAuthor Guide, marches on. I can't just copy and paste everything from the manuscript, because the thing is 300pp long and heavily illustrated besides. But I will present topics from the book to the extent of detail possible in a blog post. Note that I'm not covering editing, designing your own book cover, creating your brand or publishing to the Kindle here, since those topics are already presented on my website in the form of free pdf guides. I’ll include links to previous posts in the series here in the Bottom Line It section. So far, I've posted topics on Publishing Options, Rights, Royalties and Advances, What's the Deal With ISBNs And Bookstores, Choosing A Publisher , Getting Organized and part one of DIY Formatting for POD. Today's post is part two of DIY Formatting For POD.

Go On An' Run Yo Mouth, I Ain't Got Nuthin' But Time Version (Can't Promise It Won't Go On Forever):
This is part two of the section on DIY Formatting for POD, so if you haven't already done so, you should begin by reading part one.

I attempted to create a blog entry to cover this section from the book, but it's very dependent on screen shot illustrations and the text just doesn't make sense without them. However, since I promised you an entry on Creating Custom Styles, I've saved that portion of the manuscript (with illustrations) here for you in pdf format.


Up Next: About Industry Standards

No comments: